Orders, Rentals, Shipping & Returns
Feel free to peruse our online store to view the standard products we offer.
- Orders can be placed online or
- Email your request to: email@example.com
On Checkout, you’ll be presented with the Payment Options:
- Direct bank transfer
- PayFast (For secure Credit Card Transactions)
An order is only considered an order once payment has been received and cleared. No work shall commence nor shall items be dispatched until such time. Should you wish to place a tentative order and confirm details, please enter your query in the comment bar during checkout.
We generally keep a small amount of stock of all climbing hold sizes and colours, but for custom colours, large orders or during peak season we may need up to 10 working days to manufacture your order. If we have stock of your preferred colour (or if you haven’t specified), we’ll usually ship the next day.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
We will gladly exchange or refund a product purchased from us, provided that it meets the below criteria:
- there is valid proof of purchase, i.e. Intrepid Traders invoice.
- it is within 30 days of the original purchase date
- it is in its original packaging and condition and:
- the product is unworn and unused
- the product tag is still attached
- the security seal or shrink wrap is intact (if applicable)
- includes all original accessories and/or parts (if applicable)
- The return of items to us is at your own cost and you must use your own courier or drop it off at our head office.
- Refunds take 2 – 4 weeks to process once we have received your returned item or cancelled your order.
- For exchanges, after we have received the unwanted items from you, can take 1 – 2 weeks to process and deliver back to you
- You must contact us first to arrange a return or exchange before sending items to us.
- If using a courier, please wrap and package the product in a box that is suitable for transport by courier.
- All refunds are processed by EFT.
Address for returns & exchanges:
Attention: Intrepid Traders Returns and Refunds.
8 Rosenhof, Raymond Basson Street, Cason, Boksburg, 1459.
What if I receive a damaged or defective item with my order?
Should a product be damaged or defective at the time of delivery, please contact us within 7 days of receiving the item so that we can arrange a replacement. We will send a courier (at our own cost) to collect the damaged/incorrect product and replace it with the correct product.
What is a defective or damaged item?
A damaged or defective item refers to a material imperfection in the manufacturing of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect under normal circumstances. Examples of this include poor stitching quality, tears, incomplete items, lack of weather sealing (where applicable) and poor quality fabric.
The following are not regarded as defects:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges, fire or corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for or wash the product as per the specific wash and care instructions;
- damage arising from unauthorised alterations to the product; and
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you.
Booking is only confirmed upon payment of the full amount.
All equipment is due back by 20h00 on the agreed day of return – the return address is 8 Rosenhof, Raymond Basson Street, Cason, Boksburg.
In the case of a cancellation or moving of a booking, the following will apply:
- If the booking is moved (seven days before the original collection date) without the payment being refunded, there shall be no penalty. This is however subject to availability of equipment for the new date. Please note we cannot hold fees crossing the end of February, due to financial year-end.
- If the cancellation is made more than 48 hours before the scheduled booking date, 50% of the equipment hire amount will be refunded. The full refundable deposit will be refunded.
- If the cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the scheduled hire date, only the refundable deposit will be refunded. The full hire amount will be forfeited.
In the event that a booking is postponed to a new date less than 48 hours in advance and is subsequently cancelled, only the refundable deposit shall be refunded, even if the cancellation of the “new” booking is made more than 48 hours in advance.
Any Equipment not returned within 3 days following your rental dates duration will be deemed lost and in addition to Late Fees, you will be charged full Equipment replacement fees.
Proof of identification must be provided upon hiring equipment. Equipment will not be handed over without a copy of the hirer’s green ID book or ID card or driver’s licence. Proof of Residence may be requested for large orders.
The refundable deposit noted on the invoice is fully refundable within seven(7) days of return of the equipment in good order.
Some of the deposit may be deducted if the equipment is damaged or in need of unusual cleaning.
Some of the deposit may also be deducted in the case of equipment being returned after the agreed-upon time or date.
Intrepid Traders is not responsible for any loss, consequential loss, damage or injury caused in the erection or use of equipment.
In the event that Intrepid Traders commences a special pricing campaign or similar after a booking has been confirmed, no discounts shall be given retrospectively.
No discounts shall be given for early return of equipment.
Please note the following rules regarding use of the equipment:
- NO SMOKING inside the tents.
- NO COOKING inside the main (dome) tents.
- NO FIRES OR GAS are to be used inside the tents. Only electric lighting may be used.
- Please avoid erecting the tents over particularly rocky ground. This does damage the groundsheet.
- Please make sure that the tent is not used too close to open fires.
- Please make sure the tent is erected correctly and that ground stakes are used at all times.
- Please make sure the tent is completely dry before packing it away. Either leave in the sun to dry or use a towel to wipe off excess moisture.
- Please pack the tent away as instructed to prevent damages to the tent.
- Please make sure all parts, including ground stakes are packed and accounted for.
Payments can be made by card (payfast) or via electronic transfer. We do not accept cash for rental payments. Fees may be charged in the case of cash deposits.
We request that, as far as possible, the equipment be returned in a clean and usable condition. Often the equipment is delivered from one customer straight to another, which leaves little time for extensive cleaning. We ask, therefore, that you return the equipment in the condition you would like it to be given to you.
Intrepid Traders reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions at any point without prior notice.
Intrepid Traders reserves the right to deny parties from hiring equipment if Intrepid Traders deems them to be a risk to the business or its equipment.
Our shopping cart has options for you to set up different addresses, namely a billing address and a shipping address.
Within South Africa we use The Courier Guy.
During checkout the system will automatically calculate your shipping cost based on the weight of the items in your shopping cart, with the following options:
- Delivery – Main City Centres Door-to-door road delivery in South Africa, within main city centres.
- Delivery – Regional/ outlying area Door-to-door road delivery in South Africa, in regional or outlying areas. (50km+ from main city centres.)
- Collection – Customer collection from Intrepid Traders.
Currently we do not offer delivery services for international orders.
Returns & Warranties
Refunds/ Exchanges/ Returns
- If we aren’t able to source your ordered product/s we will offer you an alternative and/or a full refund.
- We will happily facilitate any reasonable returns or exchanges where possible, if products are sent back in their original packaging and condition within 2 weeks of being received.
- Where products are made to order, returns or exchanges will only made where defective workmanship applies. Please be clear about any details such as colour & size beforehand.
- Where the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) warranty applies, products can be returned to us to process the claim on your behalf. The item will be sent back to the manufacturers, who will replace or repair the item at their discretion. If you have a warranty issue, pack up product/s and include full contact details, a description of the problem and proof of purchase, and return it to us directly.
- We stand by the quality our Climbing Holds with a 1 year guarantee. If any holds break for whatever reason, we will replace them with the same or similar size holds. To claim on the guarantee, please send us photos of the broken grips. Please note, that delivery is not covered. Customers can collect from us, arrange their own courier or we can charge our regular courier rates.
Product Liability Insurance*
- In addition to our amazing products and materials, we aim to provide superb customer service. Because your safety is important to us, Intrepid Traders carries product liability insurance. It is our hope that having this added protection, in addition to the best products in the industry, gives our customers the peace of mind that comes from knowing you have bought the best product and service available.